Thursday, April 23, 2009

Royal Easter Show 09

Finally I'm finished with my mid sem test. Weeks of microecons and macroecons. I'm officially ECON-FIED!

On Easter Sunday, we visited the most talked about event for Easter which is the Royal Easter Show at Sydney Olympic park. We were a little worried about the weather as its been raining for the past few days, and from weather forecast, we were suppose to expect rain....BUT according to my weather goddess who has been observing the weather during easter weekend since she was 11 told me that on easter friday and saturday it'll be gloomy but easter sunday will definitely shine!!

Well, rain or shine I wanted to visit the show at least once in my Aussie life. It cost I think 38 dollars or so to get in to this big show. Basically, the show is about the agriculture industry, mainly about dairy farms animals and easter goodies booth and a mini theme park with lots of games booth.


At the entrance with Jennifer, the other pharmacy asst



It wasn't really sunny but it didn't rain either

First show we watched was the dog racing show...so cute the lil dogs competing against the big size dogs.




There was lamb shearing, I think that's what you call it, the process to get the wool It's really smelly..but the wool is really very nice to touch..feels like a comfy carpet



More and more farm animals, and I noticed most of the farm animals are prized or award winning cows and horses


The cow felt like a thermal heater, their body feels very warm, no need to hug those heated stuff during winter, just hug a cow instead!



Award winning cow, award winning droppings

After leaving the big farm animal area, we visited the cute animal area..


Bluey's cousin

Bunny wannyyyy..so cute!!

There was this whole area where little lambs and goats were running around to be fed and pat

See the look of disgust on my face, I took a cup of hay to feed the goats and this particular one kept attacking my cup




Huge ass duck, till now I'm not sure if it's a duck or goose but they say it's a duck



Baby with baby lamb...awwwwwwwwww

Momma pigs and baby pigs

Seeing all the animals made us hungry..not for meat but for CORN, the corn place is really happening, they play mexican music and start making music with pots n pans while peeling the corns!


The highlight of the easter show must be the pig racing and diving show, kt waited almost 1 hr plus to get seats for the show while we went to shop around. By the time we went to the line to get into the show, it was already filled up and we lied to the people that we stepped out to go to the toilet and we need to jump que to the front where kt is waiting...haha they believed us. When we jump que to the front like VIP, there were angry stares following our backs!

The crowd for the pig show



After the pig stunt show, we were off to fulfill Jennifer's wish to win those stuff toys from playing games, she wanted kermit the frog really bad, so the first game we tried was the mini bowling game but after spending 20 over dollars, we decide to move on to another game.

We finally spotted a fun and quite easy game. All we had to do is pay 4 dollars for 5 darts to shoot the balloons which had different points and to win the frog we needed 140 something points!!! Well the guy who attended to us was really nice...coz we knew which balloon gave the most points, so we kept aiming at that particular one, each time we burst it..then we'll talk him into putting new balloons into that spot for us to aim!

In the end, we got the frog and even better I helped them take a picture...sniff sniff I approached him to take a picture with her but actually I wanted a picture too haha...he's got really sexy irish/scottish accent!!

Jennifer and the GAME boy



And this is me with my NAB macho man



Kermit the frog

The main thing I was interested in was the fireworks at 9pm, but before that there were really cool bike and truck stunt shows...


Fireworks was quite good, brings me back to old days in US..all the seaworld mystified fireworks..and disney ones

Jennifer was so happy over her kermit that she bought us a piggie balloon as a gift for helping her win her frog prince!
Yea..the piggie is still floating in the air after almost 2 weeks..amazing man this pig!

That's the end of my Easter post, we're going to Port Stephens tomorrow so I've quite some stuff to blog after this...


Anyway, today's JM's birthday...though I can't be there like the past few yrs to plan HAVOC surprises, I still hope you would have as much fun but It's going to be abit imposibble as nobody else would give you such highly creative surprises haha

Don't fret okay..I'll try my best to find you a bf here...among the pool of koreans and hongkies and prcs
Stay pretty, stay happy and as you grow older I've to wish you stay healthy haha
And as of your time, is still 5 more minutes till the end of your bday but for my time is already past... HAPPY BIRTHDAY JM!!

No comments: