Friday, April 10, 2009

Capoiera class

Well, I've heard enough from you people that I blog as though I'm on a holiday haha
This blog is definitely academically related!!
For my international business subject, we had to participate in some cultural activity which is foreign to each of our group members, so after so many choices we came up with, we finally picked Capoiera, which is a Brazilian martial arts with a little bit of break dancing to it.
So yesterday, we met up to give the Capoiera a try in university. It cost us 2o per person since we're not members of the society. The instructor, Nei is from some part of Brazil and he's really funny which is good since the class is really quite strenuous on your limbs and butt especially, his funny jokes makes the class for fun and enduring.



My group members with Nei( instructor) and his quite talented student


Classes started with a long warm up, which was already quite intensive.. luckily i'm still quite FIT haha since I still drop by at the gym downstairs once a week and swim in the freaking cold unheated pool which bleaches my swim wear. Anyway back to Capoiera, we had one lao lang in my group..he's really funny, just stretch out his leg also is unbearable to him haha


See, at first I wasn't sweating and since is Autumn is a little chilly..

Later on, wuhhhhhh it became HAWT and I decided to strip of my sweater and Nei was like wuuuuuu she feeling HAWT


Every different movement we did, we had to shout " Un dos stres quandro, sim, till 10 in the brazil language whish is just like spanish..if he couldn't hear us shouting, we'll be stuck in some funny position and holding our breath to not drop on the floor
Cheezzzz



My dear taiwan girl behind there can still have her jacket on doing all this vigorous activity, she told me is really hard for her to sweat, very bad circulation!! I know almost everyone else was sweating including me!




For this movement, if we can't kick both our legs up in the air, you just kick one up..but when i came back home I tried and I could successfully fly my legs up abit haha

Legs flying up movement

After the very warm warm-up, we moved on to the more interactive Capoiera which involves movement between 2 people, like a dance haha

What we did for that day was mainly basic movements, some of the movements are quite funny so as you can see from the video I can't stop laughing doing crab movements..





The two higher level students

There's so many pictures and videos of the whole class, thanks to my friend's gf. The class ended with a cool down session which was quite funny too but the pictures aren't with me.
Well, I really enjoyed the class, is fun and different..maybe If I've time I would go for a few more classes then I can start rolling on the floor and break dance..lol yea right more like break limbs!!

No comments: