Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Off to Hunter valley part 1

Last Saturday, we took off to Hunter Valley which is north of Sydney, about 2 hours drive in a naturally generated AC car. The people who went on this trip were a weird combination, basically there were lots of accountants from either E&Y or JP Morgan.


I don't remember the journey there as I was sleeping after a late night of poker and drinking white wine and sipping green tea. When we reached the Cessnock town, we stopped by for lunch at the place where the whole wide world is LOVIN IT!! yeaaa MCD"S

After lunch, we officially started our vineyard winery tour. It was hot in Hunter Valley, hotter than Sydney itself. On top of all this, the car we sat it had a CACAT aircon so it was burning in the car.

First stop was at this winery famous for sparkling wine and champagne. I can't remember any of their names correctly and I don't have time to do a thesis on Hunter Valley vineyards.


First winery:

The pink bottle i'm holding in my left hand is a BUBBLE BATH gel, we bought it anyway because of the bottle!


If I could work photoshop to this picture I would make me look thinner, taller, red hair..


Seemingly oysters and roses go together in Australia

Gulp Gulp Gulp... think that was the Rosey wine

Best of all, Hunter Valley is not just about Wine, they are famous for chocolate and cheese to.
So here's Hunter Valley Chocolate Company.




Chilli flavoured chocolate which we tried..is got a tinge of spiciness at the end



Golf ball chocolate together with the grass patch

Off to next vineyard or winery.. CALAIS ESTATE
View from the car..those black stuff are mooooooo moooo

Take it straight from the whole barrel

This wine rack is sold together with the bottle of nuts and jellybean
Apparently nuts always go with alcohol, what about the beans?


Next destination: Bimbadgen Estate


After countless of jumping, I finally look like I'm jumping




Wooo so nice to roll over the grass like in Bollywood drama



Ang mohs like the Buddha figurine place around ponds, so I add ZEN to the pond by meditating


Ready to take home the whole barrel

And so I think we move to the final stop think is called Mt Pleasant, we spent quite some time in each winery since most of them are WINE CONNOISSEUR or trying to be

Jumping shots are FUN


Pour and indulge

Over indulgence


Finally we finished off our day 1 Hunter Valley winery tour. So we headed to our cottage to spend a night.
The cottage is really a cottage very old looking with 4 bedrooms, one living room , a kitchen a dinning room, back and from patio, a really nice pool and jacuzzi and a separate room on its own outside the house.. the whole house only has one real bathroom and one toilet cubicle.

After dinner, kajie and I were crazy enough to jump into the freezing pool. It was really madness. The pool in the middle of wilderness, so dark some more and just 500 m from it is the vineyard. God knows if there are coyotes running around!!

It took me forever to soak my whole body in!!
As you can see we didn't bring bathing suit but die die want to jump in!

Mission accomplished!!


The house was surrounded with insects but what should we expect in the middle of a vineyard.
It was a good day 1, made some cool friends which I'll mention in part 2 of Hunter Valley and I'll tell more about the wines we bought.
For now, that's about it!

No comments: