Saturday, July 18, 2009

A night of fine dinning at Aria

To resurrect my dead blog, I'm making a grand entry post. To welcome the lil brat, kajie decided to bring her to Aria, a remarkable contemporary Australian dinning place near the Sydney Opera house. It's a two chef's hat restaurant...means it's suppose to be of some high standard- small platter where the food looks soooo pretty and it actually taste as good as it looks!
The guy who makes this place famous is Matt Moran, he's a celebrity chef over here..
Kajie actually bought this book with his signature in it


The reason for such lavish dinning experience


The night started off with a variety of Entree.. I didn't get to order any so I was served this little cup of middle eastern soup or rather gravy like thing.
Amuse Bouche meaning to entertain the mouth, just a lil something to get the dinner started



Tuna -blue fin sashimi with avocado, nashi pear and grilled cuttle fish


Kurobuta sweet pork belly with pork croquette, paradise pears and pear chutney


And this looks like sashimi too..can't remember what on earth it is lol


After the small feast, we were served our main course...

The best pick of the night..the steak

My pick-roasted cutlet of lamb with a lamb pastia, fennel and red capsicum





The whole experience would not be complete without DESSERT..more pretty looking things to stuff into the mouth haha


Kajie's warm pear tart

Thinking............what should I have?



The excitement on the pig's face when she looked through the dessert menu and decided to go for the SOUFFLE
....................
AND THEN



The look of disgust and regret..the passionfruit souffle was just too much for her..the only taste was SOUR..that's it!



The Banana dessert



My dessert- poached strawberries with panna cotta, double cream and shortbread
I loved it!!! The panna cotta was SMASHING haha, the dessert was a mixture of sweet, sour and salty unlike the pig's selection haha



The complimentary petit four- a combination of the four taste; sweet, sour, bitter and salty

By the time we finished the fine dinning experience, we definitely wouldn't leave without a picture, you can see the vague view of the Opera house behind us.

At the entrance of Aria

Before heading back home, we walked around circular quay and took pictures like typical tourist haha..the pig was after all somewhat a tourist since it was the first day she was in Sydney...

Opera House

Harbour Bridge/ Anzac bridge..I thought I could differentiate it the last time I blogged about this..maybe not lol

So much has happened from the last time I blogged, don't know where to pick things up from so I guess this is a good start. I've been wanting to RE-blog about so much stuff but there are always 1001 reasons to procrastinate.
Well my second semester starts tomorrow, so it's a new beginning with more new crap coming my way..oh BRING IT ON!!

No comments: